As you may know, the NBDE is comprised of the following sections:
- Human Anatomy and Histology
- Biochemistry and Physiology
- Microbiolgy and Pathology
- Dental Anatomy and Occlusion
I have decided to use the following materials as my guide as well as a few other resources from the stack of text books that have been helpful throughout the past year and a half.
Plan of attack:
I will be using the materials above simultaneously as I study each section and I will be continuously testing myself on each section completed.
- First thing: Take a practice test to see where I am at this point. This is simply to answer the question: If I were to take the exam today how would I score?
- I will then cover Dental Anatomy and Occlusion because I think that's relatively easy and I should be able to cover it fairly quickly.
- I will then attack Microbiology and Physiology because those are most fresh and hence should also go by fairly quickly.
- Then I'll move on to Anatomy and Histology, then Biochemistry an Physiology where I'll spend the bulk of my time.
- These will be done while continuously taking section tests to see my mastery of each section. when I have completed reviewing and/ or studying each section then I will begin taking full tests until test day (which I have yet to set)
This is the plan for now, things may change so stay tuned!